My Queer Faith
Mission: To inspire hope, restoration, and unity between LGBTQIA+ folks and faith communities.
"My Queer Faith" was birthed out of three core desires:
- To highlight and introduce the LGBTQIA+ community to existing Open & Affirming faith-based safe spaces.
- To emphasize the need for and value of Open & Affirming faith communities to the LGBTQIA+ community.
- To provide Kimayo a way to connect with Open & Affirming faith communities as she continues her own faith journey.
My Queer Faith Tour Dates
• First Congregational Church
in collaboration with
Temple Beth Torah
April 30th, 2023
• South Congregational Church
May 18th, 2023
• Trinity Cathedral Episcopal Church
May 23rd, 2023
• Broad Street United Methodist Church
May 24, 2023
• First Religious Society, UU
March 11th, 2023
• Bedford Presbyterian Church
March 5th, 2023
• First Parish UU in Portland
January 29th, 2023
• Laconia Congregational Church
October 2nd, 2022
• Christ The King Lutheran Church
September 18th, 2022
• Gilford Community Church
April 30th, 2022
• First Congregational Society Unitarian Church
Hampton Falls, NH
August 11th, 2021
"As long as the popular perception is that churches are homophobic, intolerant communities, we need to be very overt and intentional about embracing our LGBTQ+ brothers and sisters."
-Pastor Michael Graham, Gilford Community Church
My Queer Faith Reactions
“Kimayo's story and music will certainly resonate with faith communities. We clergy see the struggle and rejection that our LBGTQ members endure; Kimayo is a welcome addition to those who need affirmation, and those who are friends and family.” - Cantor Wendy Shermet